Monday, October 6, 2008

The Salt Lake Temple

I was looking through my pictures and saw that i had a lot of the Salt Lake Temple. These are only a few, but it just reminded me of how much i love this temple. My parents got married there in 1982, and growing up I've always wanted to get married there too. It was an exciting day to finally go there and be sealed to Todd. Not only was this temple special to me from the beginning, its always been a symbol of home. It wasn't until i moved out of Utah when I realized how much i truly missed this temple. I see now why people travel from all over to experience this great historical site. It still amazes me that pioneers were able to build such an incredible temple and how much hard work they put into it. It constantly reminds me that you give your best to the lord.


3 comments:

Lianne said...

It really is an awesome temple! We are so blessed to have so many temples in Utah. I missed them all when we were out in Ohio. Nice pictures!

The Smith's said...

cool pics. To answer your camera question from so long ago I have a Nikon D60. It is the model down from your dad's. But if I were you I would wait to buy a camera around christmas time. The guy at the camera store said that is the best time to buy because they do really good bundles and you can save so much on the bag and memory cards and even extra batteries.
The best advise I got on buying cameras was from my grandpa. Just head to the store and which ever one you can take the best picture with is the one for you. I didn't take that great of pic from canon as I did with the Nikon one, so I got the Nikon. I came to found out I am canon retarded.

Rohan Shearer said...

Great pictures and great thoughts!