Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our new and not so new place

Like the rest of my posts, this one is long over due. Most of you know that in October Todd and I moved out of my parents basement into my Great Grandma's house next door. I've been wanting to post pictures of it forever, but just never got around to it. (It takes a long time to settle in a house!) Anyways, my Dad decided to remodel it and it turned out a lot better than we could have imagined. We feel so blessed to live here. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) It was a lot of fun for me because I got to help pick out a lot of the things, like the paint colors, light fixtures, the flooring, and kitchen cabinets. We were going for a french country cottage type look, so its very colorful! WE LOVE IT!!!

The Living Room

(We also have a fireplace in this room behind the camera, but its old and kind of ugly, so I'm going to repaint it!)


The Kitchen

Bathroom
(My little brother Branden did the tile in the shower! He did a great job!)

The Master Bedroom

(This isn't the best picture of this room, it a lot bigger than it looks and the blue isn't as intense as in this photo. Maybe some day i'll post a better one. Maybe...)

So that's it. Oh, and our little Family

So yeah! There's our new place. We also have a second bedroom but its currently holding all of our junk right now, and then there's an attic that we're going to work on to make it my Art Studio! (I know, I'm spoiled!) So when those things are done, I'll post them.

Then, I attached this picture onto this post just because I wanted to give anyone who cared a small glimpse of what I worked on this last semester. This is a picture of my sister Tiffany holding a baby all wrapped up (or so that's what its suppose to look like...) I build my own canvas, gesso'd it, put a layer of Lace over the canvas, then painted on top of it. I painted her monochromatic (One color, adding white or black), trying to create a timeless scene, capturing her in this "intimate" moment of holding her baby. I had her model for me and I took pictures, then a couple months later she found out she was pregnant. Go figure! :)

Anyways, it was one of my favorite projects

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kara, First I LOVE the house!! The kitchen is so stinkin cute!!! Second that picture is AMAZING!!! You know you have always been so talented when it comes to art!! You never cease to amaze me!!! And Third I had no idea Tiff was Preggers!!! That is sooooo exciting!!! All in all this is a WONDERFUL post!! Me and Tyler need to come see the new house!!! Luv your guts!!

TiffT said...

Sister! The pics look great of the new apartment! I like it! :) I also really like the painting but you already knew that! Love you!

Rachel said...

I love the new house! It's lovely. Also, your painting is AWESOME! I love the texture and that it's monochromatic and I how you painted it. I want to see more!

Amanda Duke said...

I'm hiring you to do the rest of my house art work.
What's your rate?
Is there a family discount?
How about a "best friends and counsins for life" discount?
What about a "the coolest person you know" discount?

Then what would my total come to?

Lindsey T said...

It's such a nice place you guys! I need to come down and see it in person!! And that picture you did of your sister is beautiful! You are so talented!!

6lasdiablitas said...

You are spoiled!! Haha, I"m just jealous :) That picture is BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously, super good. mic. Guess what?? I'm coming out on Feb 20th, lets actually get together this time. Yeah??