Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thanksgiving and wonderful husbands

For Thanksgiving, I didn't get a lot of pictures. In fact, this is the only picture I got. But as you can see, it was a very "filling" dinner. We had it at my Grandma LaRae's house where we had the best yams ever (Thanks to Jeni)!!! Then we left to go up to Farmington to have desert with Todd's family. It was a lot of fun. I wish I would have taken more pictures...

Then shortly after Thanksgiving, we were invited to go eat over at Todd's friend Steve's house where we at some "Sopes." (I think that's what they are called). Steve's Mom doesn't talk a lot in English, so we spent most of the evening talking in Spanish while Todd translated for me. I really got to learn some Spanish! Todd's good friend Jordan and his wife Angie also came. It was really fun to get together!
Here's a picture of the whole gang.

Then, some of you may already know this story, but I just wanted to write about it because it was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I was so swamped with school and finals the last couple of weeks in December that I literally had no time to eat or sleep. I was so overwhelmed, exhausted, and upset that I didn't have any time to decorate for Christmas. One night I cried to Todd about all the things I had to do and how I had no time, and by the time I had time to decorate, It would be a couple days before Christmas, and then I would just have to take it all down. Anyways, so the next day was a Saturday, and I had to work all day at my Copy Central job and I was just so upset all day. Todd dropped me off cuz he needed my car to run some errands. When 6:00pm finally rolled around, Todd came and picked me up and had Dexter in the car with him to greet me. Just seeing my Husband and my puppy made everything so much better! Then as we drove home, Todd stopped at my parents house and I asked him what we were doing and he said he was picking up the Laundry that I had also complained about not being done. I know its lame, but I totally teared up cuz I was so thankful he did that for me! Then we parked outside our house and went inside, and as I walked into the kitchen I noticed the living room was glowing! I walked a little further to see that Todd had put up the Christmas Tree, decorated it, along with the fireplace, and cleaned the whole house. I just stomped my foot and started sobbing. It was the kindest most thoughtful thing he could have done, and he spend all that Saturday doing it. One thing I loved about it was the way he decorated it. It was so obviously done by a boy, but I didn't care, I wouldn't touch it. So I just wanted to post some pictures of it.

When I walked in, this is the first thing I saw!


This is the Ugly fireplace you've heard so much about, that I'm going to repaint; But Todd had even gone to the store and bought garland and poinsettia flowers, and made our stockings to decorate the fireplace. I thought it looked great!

Thanks Hun for everything you do!
It was a GREAT Christmas!

2 comments:

Lindsey T said...

What a great husband my little brother is!! You've got me all teary now! You guys are so dang cute, we need to hang out more!

TiffT said...

I think Todd did such a great job decorating!! I'm impressed! That is seriously such a good story, I love it! :)