Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Movies!!!

Todd and I love going to movies, and the ones we've seen recently have been pretty good ones! -with the exception of a few bad ones (my opinion only). So I just wanted to post about some and how I would rate them out of 4 stars. :)

I know this movie came out a while ago, but it has been one of my favorites of the year! It was a Sundance movie and won a lot of awards. Its about a boy who falls in love with a girl but then has its own unique twist on the story. What I love most about this movie is how dead on they relate things to real life. Its really funny and I feel like a lot of people can relate to it!
I give it 4 stars!


I really like Sandra Bullock. In fact, I don't think I've seen a movie that she's been it that I haven't liked... except this one! This movie (in my opinion) was NOT good. It wasn't really funny at all, just extremely awkward and weird. I think they were trying to make a statement that you can find beauty in everyone, no matter how different they are- which is a great statement to make, but it didn't show through in this movie. Nope. it was just WEIRD!
I give it 1 star!



I LOVED this movie! "Adam" is a also a Sundance movie, and as far as I know it didn't come out in theaters. Its about a boy named Adam who has a slight mental disorder, and one day a girl moves into his Apt complex and finds him rather sweet and fascinating. Its a cute story of friendship, love, and triumph. I'd definitely recommend this movie!
I give it 4 stars!


This movie isn't a new one and maybe most of you have seen it by now, but after seeing "Monsters vs. Aliens" I didn't care to see this movie. (No offense to anyone who liked Monsters vs. Aliens"- I didn't think it was all that funny). So when Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs came out I had low expectations. But it was SOOOO FUNNY! I loved it! Bill Hader does the voice for the main character and he does such a great job. I was surprised by the creativity of this movie and how fun they made it. It is a little long and there's one part at the end that is pretty "out there" but overall, it was a good movie!
I give it 3 1/2 stars!


I heard so many good things about this movie. And it really was a cute story... except I didn't really like the type of bad guy the went with. I know in that culture, black magic is really popular, but do I really want my kids to see that? Voodoo stuff and creepy spirits? It was a little too "dark" for me on that end, but I really liked everything else about the movie. It was a fun love story and ended well. So with saying that I give it 3 stars!

There's a lot to say about this movie. Todd and I just went and saw this on Saturday. If you don't know what its about, it about a 14 year old girl who get murdered and how she waits in the "in between" (between heaven and earth) trying to reach back to her family and help them solver her case. It gets a little disturbing because she's the narrator and you know from the very beginning that she is going to be murdered, so when that time comes, your just hoping it'll change. Its definitely a movie that keeps you interested the whole way through and has some parts that put you on the edge of your seat, but it leaves you feeling a little... disturbed, because there are real people out there like that! It also makes you think a lot about death. But I thought the main girl did a GREAT job at acting her part. The ending doesn't leave you with a lot of closure but it still ends well. It took me a while to decided how much i liked this movie and if I would recommend it. So I'll just say this, if you find stories like this interesting and you like different perspective movies, then you should go see it. I know I'd see it again.
I give it 4 stars!


So there you have it. We still want to see Sherlock Holmes and Avatar, so stay in tune for that.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

Lindsey T said...

Thanks for the reviews, I think you've saved me a few hours of my life on a few of them and given some great suggestions for some I haven't seen! Since we hardly ever see movies it's nice to know what you're in for before hand!

tracie said...

I totally agree with with you on Princess and the Frog. I took my daughter to see, and she actually did pretty good... but I don't think I will be buying it. Also, Sherlock Holmes is soooooo good! I've seen it twice, and that's saying a LOT because we never get to go to the movies anymore! :)

Lianne said...

I'm glad to hear your opinions about those movies. I'll have to check some of them out now. You'll really like both Sherlock Holmes and Avatar. They were both great!

6lasdiablitas said...

Thanks for the movie reviews, I want to see a few of those so it was nice to read what you thought about them. Hows everything??? I miss you, I'm coming out on the 20th, lets actually get together this time.