Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Movies Part 2

It was my Grandmas birthday the other day and one of the ways we celebrated it was by having a girls night out! Its was my Grandma, my cousin Jeni, and I. We first met up at the Provo mall where we went and saw "When in Rome."
I really liked the idea of the movie, but I feel like it could have been done a little better. I liked the beginning and where it was going and I tried really hard to get into it, but as it went on, I felt like it started to crumble. You know those "Full House" moments, when a lesson is being learned and you hear the music playing in the back round and everyone gets all sentimental?? Well, the rest of the movie was like that and you just wanted to slap the girl in the face cause she was being stupid. I think these two are good actors and dang, Josh Duhamel (from Transformers) is way hot, but maybe their not so good together... actually, them being together didn't bother me, it was more so the writing... Anyways, I give it 2 1/2 stars! :)

After seeing "When in Rome" in theaters, my Grandma, Jeni, and I went and got some food at Red Robin, then headed back to my Grandmas house to watch another movie. (Can you tell I came from a family that LOVES movies??) Anyways, Jeni had bought the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife," and Okay. Let me just tell you a little about this. When this movie first came out I wanted to see it! BAD! Call me pathetic, but I actually cried during the previews of this movie! I just knew it was going to be good! Then I found out it was a book, and I thought it would be fun to read the book first. Well, my little sister actually got a hold of it and read it before me and said it was only "okay." She said it had some not so good parts, and thought it would be better. This made me sooo sad! But I wanted to find out for myself. So I started to read it, skipping over the not so good parts of course, and while reading I kind of thought the same as my sister. I mean, it was interesting but it kind of drug on and had some really weird parts. So about 2/3rd's of the way through the book, i stopped reading it, then when the movie came out, I didn't hear much talk about it so I just assumed it wasn't good. So I never went and saw it. Well... we brought it home and watched it at my Grandmas house and I LOVED IT!!! It was everything I thought it was going to be and more! Granite, I would have preferred it to end a little differently, but I still liked it! In fact, I liked it so much I already downloaded it onto my ipod. Ha ha. I really like Rachel McAdams (from the Notebook), I think she is a good actress and really cute! and Eric Bana (From Troy) was amazing! I loved the story, and I loved their relationship. You do see a few bums in this movie because when he time travels he can't take clothes with him, so yeah. If that bothers you then... keep that in mind. But overall, I give it 4 stars!!!

Last but not least, the next movie on my movie list is "Valentine's Day." Todd and I went and saw this on Monday. I know this movie had a lot of hype... but I found that when you put too many strong actors in a movie, its sometimes doesn't turn out so good. There were too many people in it, showing their individual lives, causing it not to go deep enough. I think a good movie is when you can relate to it or you can see yourself in it at times. Kind of why a book needs charater development- so you can know the charater and have empathy for them. Anyways, I just felt like it was just scratching the surface of a love story and I found myself half way through wondering when it was going to end. (Never a good sign). It was almost too predictable and definitely too long. I even had low expectations going in, and that still didn't help. There were a few laugh out loud parts, but i wouldn't say it was a funny movie. But I don't know. Maybe I'm completely off about all these movies. Maybe you would really like it. I tend to like movies that are a little different and not the same old same old. However, I still like traditional movies as long as they are good! Looking back I don't think there were any bad parts in this movie so that was good. Anyways, I didn't think it was horrible (compared to "All About Steve"), but I didn't really like it either. So with that, I give it 2 1/2 stars!

Todd still wants to see Avatar and I want to see Sherlock Holmes, so maybe someday! To bad movies are really expensive. The only way we go and see movies is if we have a gift card to them. So if you're ever in need of gift ideas for Todd and I....

(hint hint).
;)
See ya!

No comments: