Thursday, September 11, 2008

God Bless America...


I was reading my friend Amanda's blog where she posted a little clip on "where you were" when 9-11 hit, and I too wanted to say a little bit about it and where i was. I was a sophomore in high school and when i woke up that morning, i remember my parents telling me a plane had hit one of the twin towers in NYC. It didn't really hit me how bad it was until i actually saw it on TV. Then when the 2nd plane hit, i knew, right then, something was very wrong. I knew it couldn't have been an accident but an attack on us personally. As i went to school i know what Amanda means when she said it was really quiet that day. A sense of unknowing fear crept through the hall ways. Instead of a normal day of class, my health teacher turned on the TV and we watched the news instead. Then I remember coming home to the news on and how everyone was stuck to the TV just watching. Waiting... And i remembered watching the twin towers collapse and seeing the horror in my mothers eyes. I couldn't believe i was witnessing an attack on America and how it would go down in history. It didn't really hit me how bad it was for everyone there until stories started to unfold- How people put their lives on the line to save one another. How we acted as real hero's in a time of real crises. And how many lives were lost... so many lives... My heart goes out to all of the people who lost their loved ones that day. I was very grateful to be standing in my house with my family at that time. But even after all that, I remember how America stood tall and how we worked together and become closer as a nation. It made me proud to be an American, and i hope God continues to bless us and America!

2 comments:

Lianne said...

That day really was surreal. I still can't believe that it happened, and that it happened 7 years ago! I don't think I'll ever forget watching people jump out of the windows from 60 or 70 stories up. I am so grateful to live in America! It's a great country!

Lianne said...

I think you need to post about Todd's frolfing experience. Devin said it was hilarious!