Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tornado!

So I'm pretty sure I about had a heart attack today at church. It was storming all morning long and while we were in R.S. we heard the Tornado Siren! Warning us of a tornado! All the women stood up, grabbed there stuff, while us wives from Utah sat there dumbfounded. We didn't know what to do, and I was freaking out inside! We went out to the hall where everyone was, while someone made a phone call to see where the tornado was and what direction it was taking. We heard two opinions. That it was above us, moving north, and that it was below us heading our way! Everyone there seemed so calm, "welcome to Ohio" they would say. So the bishop came up and told us we could stay at the church or go home, but that he didn't know where the storm was and that at this point he didn't guarantee us safety. Yeah, that made me feel all warm and bubbly inside! So we decided to leave. Storms where all around us, and Walker decided to take a detour home! I'm pretty sure i was freaking out yet again. As we drove home we heard the sirens louder and louder. Until finally we got to our apt's. A women at church told us to get in our bath tub if it were to head our way. That still didn't give me comfort. Until we turned on the News and saw that we were in the clear. The tornado was a head of us going north. Feeewwwww. I don't think i want to live out in the middle east anytime in the future. yeah, I'm pretty sure about it. Well, that's all i had to say, but pretty crazy story eh?

3 comments:

Lianne said...

That was pretty crazy! I guess we're not in Utah anymore... At least we're with friends!

Unknown said...

AHH!! Kara that is so scary!!! I cant event imagin. Well I am glad to here you are all okay! I hope that dosnt happen again any time soon!

Matt Mehr said...

Welcome to the Midwest, my friend!