Tuesday, December 9, 2008

For Better or Worse...

So for those of you who don't know (but I'm sure most of you do) I have a cat named Ceaser that I've had for about 3 years. I got him when all my friends were getting married off and I found myself a little... well, lonely. I specifically got him because of his bright blue eyes and his white fluffy coat. He was gorgeous, and was meant to be an indoor cat. For a while now my cat has been staying at my parents house, and since then he's turned into an outdoor cat- leaving his white fluffy coat harder and harder to maintain. We noticed his hair was getting pretty matted so my mom set up an appointment to take him into the groomers. Well when I got home, this is how I found him.
This picture doesn't even do its justice, but they ended up having to give him a "Lion Cut," where they shaved his entire body but left his head and legs long. Then they left a big puff ball at the end of his tail! Yeah, it looks ridiculous! I don't know why, but when I saw him I just started crying! (I blame it on the birth control). However, Todd thought it was the funniest thing ever! I guess the benefit of it is that he doesn't shed half as bad- which is nice, but still... I miss his white fluffy coat. :(

5 comments:

Angie said...

Hey Kara, this is Angie Oldham, now known as Angie Rowley. I found your blog on the SFHS Grad '04 blog, and I was so excited to see what you have been doing. I haven't seen you in forever. It was fun to hear that you are married and enjoying it. I have a blog but it is private so if you would like send me your email address to rowleystyle@gmail.com and I would love to invite you. I am sorry about your cat. That happened to my brother's dog and I thought it was so sad. The dog looked so funny, so I can just imagine what your cat looks like. Your cat still looked pretty in the picture, so I bet your right and the picture doesn't do it justice.

Angie said...

Oh by the way, you look so beautiful in all your pictures. I loved seeing them.

Unknown said...

Kara, you didnt get ceaser when we were all getting married! You got him when you moved in with me! Remember they were crazy at night and they use to run around the house when we were sleeping!!! ha ha I love his new cut! I think it is adorable!! It is different but very adorable!

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

Yep,he looks better.

Rohan Shearer said...

Your cat looks like Baxter after his grooming!