Saturday, May 8, 2010

You know you're too fat when...

WARNING!!! What I wrote is pertaining to me and only me, any offense taken is not my intentions.

You know you're too fat when...

You can barely fit into your pants and you even have to unbutton them at times.

You know you're too fat when...

Your grandma asks you if you're pregnant while pointing at your belly fat.

You know you're too fat when...

You have to hike up your "G's" to your belly button to cover your new love handles.

You know you're too fat when...

You go shopping and you're suddenly looking at larges instead of mediums and the size of pants you use to wear are extremely hard to get on.

You know you're too fat when...

Every time you take a picture, you have a double chin.

You know you're too fat when...

You prefer sugar and a lot of it over more healthy foods in your fridge

You know you're too fat when...

Your pregnant sister weighs just as much as you do

You know you're too fat when...

Your mom and dad weigh less than you

And you know you're too fat when you're the biggest you've ever been in your entire life!

My average weight for most of my adult life is 125 lbs. I weighed 2 or 3 lbs lighter in High School and when I got married, and I'm currently 10-12 lbs over that. Yeah that's not a huge deal, but I don't like it. I don't feel good about myself and I don't feel comfortable in my body. My lowest weight has been 116-118 lbs but I didn't feel healthy. I was hardly eating. My best weight and new goal is between 120-122 lbs. That means I need to lose about 15 lbs. I know I can do it cause I've done it before. I just need to do it and stay committed. I use to run a lot. I want to be a runner again. I miss it and I miss the way I felt when i was healthy. So yeah, I'm starting this Monday with my new diet and exercise. I'm going to try and exercise 3 times a week starting- for 30 minutes, drink more water, reduce my sugar to 200 grams, and a full serving of fruit and vegetables every day. I know if I do these things, I can reach my goal. So wish me luck to a better, healthier, new ME! :)

7 comments:

TiffT said...

Sister I love you! The best way to reach a goal is to tell others about it! You'll get to exactly where you want to be! I'm not worried! :) Good luck!

Lindsey T said...

You are soooo NOT fat! I have definitely felt some of those though. I've been worried for months that people will think I'm pregnant because of my belly. You're my hero though, I hate running! Good luck!!

Unknown said...

Okay first off you are NOT fat!! Second off I need to lose the same amount....So we should go work out together!! :) Third off I miss you and we need to hang out more often....Remember when we use to see eachother like EVERYDAY?!?!?! And fourth off I love your guts!! :) You can lose weigh faster then anyone I know so I know you will do great!!

The Smith's said...

Seriously I laughed at every single reason because they have all happened to me. And I am still laughing right now while I am eating chips and drinking a mtn dew. So I am determined to get back on the workout train. Just keep me motivated!

Amanda Duke said...

I like it when there is more Kara to love!
Just kidding, the only thing I agree with is running and eating better because it is good for your heart!! Love you!

Lianne said...

Good luck! I had to laugh reading through your list because I've definitely been there as well! And PS, we need to hang out more. We haven't done anything in forever!

Ryan said...

I have to agree with everyone when I say you are NOT fat. BUT, I do know what you mean when you say you miss the feeling of running and being healthy. I have been sitting on my butt most of this pregnancy and I want sooo badly to just get out and go running. Anyways, good luck with your diet/work out program, it motivates me to do better :)