Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our St. George Trip

After Todd's graduation and my crazy finals we needed to get away. So we decided to take a small but amazing trip down to St. George! We had been so sick of the weather tricking us here, and we wanted to go somewhere where we didn't have to drive forever, so St. George sounded like the perfect place. When we first got there we checked into our hotel, and then went to a dinner and a movie. A perfect and relaxing way to start off a vacation. Then the next day we woke up bright and early and drove down to Zion where we took most of our pictures.

Todd giving thumbs up on our first hike


The water fall to the Lower Emerald Pools


It's hard to see, but we're standing under the water fall

Moving on up...


I liked this picture

Just the two of us


I didn't realize to get to the upper pools was going to be this... rocky!


And here is my victory stance once we got past the steep rocky trail (Or I was airing out my arm pitts- I guess you'll never know) ;)
Beautiful Sights... of Todd that is! Isn't he a cutie!

And finally we reached the waterfall!
These next pictures are just some from the River Walk trail. Sooo much fun!
The River Side trail
Next we went to Weeping Rock. Here are some pictures of that:

By the end of the day I was taking more pictures of nature than of Todd and I. Ha ha!

Well, it was a fun filled perfect day at Zions, and when we got back to our hotel we fell right asleep to get ready for our next activity.

The Temple.

Isn't it beautiful! It was a great experience!

It was a short trip, but we had so much fun! Now its back to school for Todd and work for me. Even though that stinks, it makes trips like this worth the while. ;)

3 comments:

TiffT said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! You gotta love those little vacations! Glad you had fun! :)

Lindsey T said...

Looks like such a fun trip! Zions looks beautiful!

Lianne said...

I'm totally jealous of your trip! Looks like you guys had a great time. :)