Thursday, September 17, 2009

Summer in a Nutshell!

So its been a long time since I've updated our blog. A lot has been going on, being that we're both going to school, working, and trying to get the new house remodeled by October- hasn't left me a lot of time to sit and blog. But finally I'm doing it. We both took summer school as well, so these things all happened at the very end of summer in a 2 weeks span of time. (Sad I know), but it was a blast! So here's what our summer has consisted of this year. FYI: Pictures should enlarge when you click on them.

LAKE POWELL!
We had a huge water slide!

Then right after Lake Powell, we drove 6 hours the opposite direction and met up with Todd's family where we stayed at Island Park and went to Yellow Stone. It was so much fun, being that I've never been there before. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Callan! We had a blast! :)



This is the famous old faithful. I've heard so much about her, and it was great to finally see it. Seriously, look how beautiful nature is!

I didn't get any pictures of our cabin, but we stayed with Lindsey, Shafer and kids, Rob, Rachel and Jack, where we had a lot of fun hanging out and playing games!

When we first got to our cabin we saw a moose out our back window. It was a mother and a baby so we had to be really careful! It was Awesome! We also saw some buffalo, elk, and cute little squirrels! We never did see a bear. :( But maybe next time.
Then after Island Park, I took a flight the next day out to Minnesota to see my cousin Amanda and her husband Shaun and new baby Kayliegh in Minnesota. It was soooo much fun, and soooo good to see them! :)
(Click to enlarge pictures)

Thanks again Shaun for letting us shop for 10 hours! Lol.

I thought these pictures were pretty funny. They pretty much speak for themselves.

And then on Sunday we went to this park by the Mississippi River that had the prettiest gardens! I took some pictures and I just loved how they turned out. (I guess Minnesota isn't so bad after all.... hmmm..... or maybe it is). ;)




Pretty huh? I had sooooo much fun up there with the Dukes! Seriously, being there for 5 days wasn't long enough! Thanks again guys for being such great hosts!

Well, that is it really. The pictures sum it up a lot. But we had so much fun spending time with family and friends this summer. We really are truly blessed to have such great people in our lives! So hopefully I can stay up to date now that I'm all caught up. (Ha ha). But I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Take Care.

3 comments:

Lindsey T said...

I still can't believe how much you guys did in two weeks this August! We had so much fun with you in Yellowstone! You got some really beautiful pictures! I especially like the flowers ones at the end! I hope you're doing well, we need to hang out!!!

Lianne said...

Looks like a fun two weeks! I always love spending time with family and doing lots of fun stuff! I'm definitely jealous of yoru trips!

Amanda Duke said...

yay!! Kara Trip!!! We will definately let you guys know if we're heading to Vegas. We miss you so much! Come Again (with Todd too!)