Thursday, June 4, 2009

Movie Ratings...

It seems lately, Todd and I have been seeing a lot of movies. Well, that doesn't really surprise me since I come from a family who goes to movies like every week! I don't know what it is, but we have always been movie people. Todd and I probably go see a new movie at least every other to 2 weeks.- (and yes, it gets expensive!) But it seems like the majority of the movies we've seen recently have been pretty good. So i just wanted to post about some of the ones we've seen and how we felt about them. But don't worry, I wont spoil any movie, so if you haven't seen them yet, you can still read on. ;)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

What can I say. Wolverine KICKED BUTT in this movie. We really liked how the story tied into the other X-Men Movies. There was a little too much up close and personal violence for me, but I still thought it was pretty good. The only hard part for me really, was having Ryan Reynolds as the bad guy. I couldn't really take him seriously, and lets be honest. Ryan Reynolds vs. Wolverine...
I give it 3 Stars.


Star Trek

We were really impressed on how this movie came about. For us it held some personal interest already since my Dad has watched Star Trek since the beginning of time! The action was incredible and even though i didn't know the history of Star Trek that well, I still enjoyed it. Captain Kirk may get his butt kicked a lot, but he and Spock really connected well with their parts.
I give it 3 1/2 Stars

Angels & Demons

Okay, for those of you who didn't like The DaVinci Code, you probably wouldn't like this movie. However, I thought this movie was a lot better than The DaVinci Code. It still had some sac religious parts I could have done with out, but what I liked about it was that its a mystery involving art history to revel its secrets. Me being an Art Major, I really enjoyed the movie and found it very interesting. Overall, I thought it was very clever.
I give it 3 Stars.

Terminator Salvation

I actually never went and saw this one. Todd had a guys night with my little brother and went and saw it. But I was okay with that. :) So I asked him what he thought about the movie and he said he really liked it. Then i asked him to rate it, and he said he would give it 3 Stars, but still liked it better than Wolverine.

Night at the Museum II

For starters, the 1st Night of the Museum was just okay for me. It had some funny parts, but i guess i was just expecting more. So when this movie came out, I already had some doubts. But Todd really wanted to see it, so we went. I think I would have enjoyed it better if all the funny parts were not shown previous in all the previews. However, I thought Amy Adams did an amazing job being Amelia Earhart. I personally think she stole the show. I was really impressed with her performance. So with that...
I give it 2 1/2 Stars.

UP

Wow, is all I have to say. I was so impressed by the creativity of this movie. I think it is one of the best family movies I've seen in a long time. It was funny, cute, and had good morals behind it. We really enjoyed the adventure and true charisma this movie held. Everyone should go see this!
I give it 4 Stars!

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I know this movie came out a while ago, but I just recently saw it with my cousin Jeni and was reminded how great of a movie it was. Not only was this movie creative and unique, but it also held everything you love about a movie: Meaning, Family, Love, Heart Ache, Adventure, Ect. If you have not yet seen this movie, I definitely recommend you do!
I give it 4 Stars!

So there you have it. Now maybe you can decide which ones are worth seeing. I don't know. Like I said earlier, overall, i think most of these did a great job and are worth seeing, but maybe you'll rate them completely different.
Let me know. ;)

3 comments:

Lianne said...

I've only seen a couple of those, but I've been impressed with the ones that I've seen. There should still be some more good ones coming out! I can't wait!

Lindsey T said...

We never see movies, so thanks for helping me sift through them! I hadn't heard much about UP, we'll have to take the boys to it, I think they'd have fun!

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

I used to be a movie person before I had Max, Enjoy it :) I'm going to have to go see Up, I heard it was so good! Hope you are doing good.