Saturday, June 6, 2009

Angel? or Devil?

Looking at this cute little face you might think my puppy Dexter is an angel right??? WRONG! he is such a terror, and I've been told he acts just like a kid! He wines when he wants something, he gets mad if he doesn't get what he wants. He wont leave you alone if he doesn't have your full attention, and he begs for food like there is no tomorrow! Okay, so maybe children don't beg for food.... or... maybe they do. I don't know. But anyways, yesterday Todd and I were headed up to my cousin Jen's house to spend the night. We were in separate cars cuz we had to leave separately in the morning. We brought Dex along cuz I don't like leaving him home alone. (The only people at my house right now is my Mom! My little brother Branden is in Texas visiting old friends, and my Dad and little brother Dalen are in CHINA!) So being the nice owners that we are, i took Dexter up with me in my car. I've done this before so no big deal right??? So I'm driving along and we take the back roads up to her house and I see some kids on the street selling cookies. I'm usually not the kind of person who would stop and buy some, but i noticed they were PUMPKIN COOKIES!!! Immediately I turned around, after all, they were only 2 for a $1! :) So i pull over on the side of the street, knowing it was just going to take me a few seconds to get my delicious cookies and leave. I Left my car running and Dexter in it as well. Sure enough, a few seconds later i was headed back into my car when suddenly my door was locked!!! "What the" I thought. And there Dexter was inside wagging his cute little tail with his paw on the lock button!! I felt sooo stupid standing there in front of those kids selling cookies. I had to call Todd and he came, then we called the police to see if they could help us cuz we didn't want to pay a lock smith $75 bucks!!! While we waited for the police man to show up, Dexter started to go crazy inside. Going back and forth from seat to seat. He was wondering why the heck we wouldn't let him out! I don't know if it was survival instinct or if he was just nervous, but I had a cup of ice inside the car and he was just going to town on it, as if he "knew" he was stuck in the car and that was his only survival for food! Lol. Thankfully, the police man showed up, and with his swanky tool, he got my car unlocked. (I decided I do this far to often, and that i need to get me one of those tools!) But this cop was soooo cool about it. He just laughed and then told us to have a nice day. I was so embarrassed but thankful that he wasn't a jerk about it. So yeah... quite the unwanted adventure, but what can you do? Its funny now thinking back on it. And even though Dexter can definitely be the worst dog ever, he is so sweet and has such a big heart. I wouldn't trade him for any other dog in the world! ;)

2 comments:

Rohan Shearer said...

I have to admit I was laughing when Jeni told me the story! Thanks so much for staying with her. You guys were a real blessing. Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

HA HA Kara that is sooo funny!!! Mostly cuz last night we were driving with Daisy and she kept hitting all the window buttons and the unlock/lock button to!! Oh man at least you can blaim it on your dog that your locked your keys in your car!!!